When you find yourself reaching for a candy bar—WAIT! Are you really even hungry? Or are you simply eating out of habit? Next time you find yourself gravitating toward a junk food fix do a short burst of physical activity instead. A dozen jumping jacks, a 30 second plank,a walk around the block… you get the idea! By the time your heart rate returns to normal you will find that your craving has passed—and not only did you save yourself from empty calories, you burned extra calories as well!
3 Bonus Gifts (of Fat Loss)
When you put in the focused effort to lose weight there are certain benefits that you expect to get. You expect to look better in your clothes. You expect to have more energy. And you expect to feel pretty happy about your accomplishment.
Knowing that these benefits are waiting for you, just on the other side of weight loss, is often a strong enough motivator for you to put in the work required. However, I’ve found that sometimes you need even more compelling reasons to dig in and get it done. My experience with helping clients lose fat has opened my eyes to many additional benefits of shedding a few pounds.
My hope is that by reading the 3 Bonus Gifts of Fat Loss below, you’ll feel the driving motivation that you need to jump into fitness with both feet and that you’ll find out just how capable you are of achieving your goals!
Fat Loss Bonus Gift #1: Confidence
You may not consider it a concrete benefit, but that doesn’t stop confidence from being one of the most important perks of dropping fat. When you have increased confidence, you change how you view yourself and go about your daily routine.
Additionally, when your confidence increases after losing a few pounds, you’re poised to keep losing. So the confidence you gain gives you what you need to lose more weight and feel even more confident.
Fat Loss Bonus Gift #2: Better Health Today And Later
Go to the doctor with some sort of health condition, and unless it’s the common cold or flu, losing a few pounds can almost always help you manage the condition better. From diabetes to heart disease to joint pain, trimming the fat from your body gives you a leg up right now. Cutting fat makes it easier to get around on your joints, reduces your blood pressure, and helps you sleep better.
As additional perks, less fat today means better sleep and better sex tonight. Since both of these improve your quality of life, making the time necessary to shave off fat will make for a happier you, too!
Today isn’t the only time your health will improve if you lose some fat. Shed some pounds and you’ll reap the rewards for years down the road. Instead of having to manage a variety of health conditions, you will be able to keep those conditions at bay.
A few health issues you can cut your risk for by cutting fat are diabetes, heart disease, joint pain, a variety of cancers, high blood pressure, and dementia. In other words, get rid of the fat today and you can avoid all the health issues in the future that requires fat loss for maximum management.
Fat Loss Bonus Gift #3: Everything Tastes Better
As you settle into your new fat-burning lifestyle that includes eating healthily and working out regularly, you’ll notice something. Because you no longer overeat at the buffet or go for a second or third helping, you will begin enjoying every bite that you take. As the bite sits in your mouth, you won’t swallow it before tasting or chewing. You will take your time and really savour the flavour.
And when you do start chewing your food slowly and really enjoying the flavours, your brain will have time to register when you’re full and cut you off before you stuff yourself with more calories than you need. Do this regularly and you’ll lose even more fat!
At ProActive Fitness, we are dedicated to helping people just like you conquer their fear of exercise and clear up their confusion with healthy eating. I know that a healthy life is within your reach – I’ve seen it happen many times before with clients!
Call or email now to get started on an exercise program that will make fat burning second nature, and will transform your body for the best.
Low Carb Spaghetti and Meatballs
So you ditched that package of high-carb noodles from your pantry, now learn to love nature’s healthy noodles: spaghetti squash. If you haven’t yet tried spaghetti squash then you’re in for a real treat. A pile of tender spaghetti squash strands piled high with protein and veggie meatballs makes a perfect fitness meal.
what you need
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean, sweet turkey sausage
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 omega-3, eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of salt and pepper
- optional: handful of olives
for the sauce:
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- splash of white wine
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- dash of salt and pepper
for the noodles:
1 spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. Wash spaghetti squash and poke all over with a knife. Place directly on the middle oven rack and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, slice in half and remove the seeds. Scoop the spaghetti squash strands out with a large spoon, set aside in a bowl.
- Throw all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix with your hands. Form into large, golf ball sized meatballs.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cook in the crockpot: place the meatballs in your slow cooker. Cover with the sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Or cook on the stove: place meatballs in a large pot. Cover with sauce and cook, covered, over low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Place a scoop of spaghetti squash noodles on each plate, top with meatballs and some sauce and then throw on a few olives.
Or cook in the Instant Pot:
- Spray bottom of Instant Pot with cooking spray and add spaghetti sauce.
- Place meatballs over the sauce, layering them if necessary. It’s OK if they touch, just don’t squish them too much.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and switch valve to “sealing”. Press “Manual” and set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- After you hear the timer go off, allow to slow release for another 5 minutes and then do the quick release (you do this by carefully switching the tab to “venting”).
- Remove lid from Instant Pot, stir, and serve over cooked noodles.
266 calories, 12g fat, 426mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 26g protein