What’s Your Turning Point Going to Be? How Long Will You Wait to Make a Healthy Change?
Here’s a common scenario for people over 50.
They’ve gradually gained weight over the last couple of decades, and now they’re obese or getting there.
Somewhere over the years, they stopped participating in hobbies and sports. If they ever were a regular gym-goer or runner, that slipped away at some point, too.
Now they have aches and pains, difficulty sleeping, and doctors always urging them to exercise.
Does this sound like you? But you’re just not ready to do anything about it yet?
Maybe you just haven’t reached your turning point. It’s when you make a decisive change at a critical juncture to resolve a crisis.
It’s when you say, “Enough!”
It’s when you finally change your life.
Many of Us Need a Moment of Crisis
In talking to countless people over 50 who want to get fit or who have adopted a healthy lifestyle, it’s common to hear them discuss their turning point as a dramatic moment of clarity – a realization that something serious was at risk.
Consider these real-life examples of people who have been there, all in their 50s, 60, 70s or beyond:
- Nate was in his 50s, eating on the go, travelling, and working too hard to notice his declining health. Then a chest pain sent him to the ER. “They kept me in there for two weeks.” Nate turned his life around, started eating right and exercising, and fell in love. Now in his 60s, Nate loves his life.
- Tony ruined his daughter’s birthday party before realizing he needed treatment for drug and alcohol abuse – and getting fit and healthy in sobriety. “I like my life now. I’m in the best shape of my life.”
- Alan’s doctor told him he had diabetes – and ordered him to start working out at a fitness studio right away. With the combination of exercise and eating right, Alan got the disease under control.
- Gina slowly got up to 340 pounds at 5 feet 10 inches tall. She developed arthritis and joint pain and felt terrible about herself. Finally, when she retired, Gina seized the moment, enrolled at a gym, and got her health under control. “I feel so good. My whole life has changed.”
- Amanda developed painful arthritis that threatened cherished time in her garden. After joining a fitness studio for small group training, Amanda was feeling flexible and strong again in no time.
- Rosalinda was on a family vacation and heartbroken to stay back at the condo rather than join group hikes. She went home, hired a trainer, and now regularly participates in community races. “I’ve never felt this alive. It just takes the faith to make that first step.”
How to Resolve the Crisis
Rosalinda’s right. We’re here to help you make that first step – and to keep you on track through your fitness journey.
Don’t wait till you get scary news from your doctor.
You know the benefits of exercise – how it’s good for your heart health as well as your mental health. How it lowers the risk of falling and lowers the risk of dementia. How it lets you feel better, look better, and move better.
Let that be your turning point. Take that first step. Call us today!
New Year’s Resolution Re-boot starts soon!
It’s the 3rd week of January, where New Year’s Resolutions go to die!
You started with the best of intentions, but now real life has intervened, causing your motivation to fizzle…no worries. It happens to the best of us!
You might just need a bit of help to make a real change. Let’s re-boot those resolutions and put the focus back on you!
What better way than to join a community that has been proven to help others make great changes to their health?
The ProActive Fitness New Year Resolution Re-boot starts February 3rd and will get you moving better, feeling better, and looking better in just six weeks!
This 6-Week Challenge is a personal training program scientifically designed to bust your distaste for exercise while revolutionizing how you move, how you eat and how you feel on every level.
Better yet, this isn’t an extreme “eat-chicken-breast-and-broccoli-and-work-out-for-3-hours-a-day” sort of challenge. Sure, you’ll lose weight that way, but what happens afterwards?
Our program gives you the tools to sustain healthy eating and exercise habits for the long term and isn’t that what you’re really after?
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the 6-week challenge or call the studio at (306)374-3013. Space is limited to 12 non-members (no limit on members). Registration deadline is January 29th.
Three 30-minute Small Group Training Sessions Per Week – for 6 weeks. With only 3-10 clients in a group and over 50 session times to choose from per week, it’s easy to make the time for your workouts.
– Kickoff Event on Thursday, January 30th, which includes goal setting and initial measurements. – Final measurements at the end of the 4 weeks – Simple, sustainable nutrition lessons delivered daily – Online Coaching App to hold you accountable for eating right. It’s like having us in your back pocket!
– Support & Accountability from the ProActive Team (including our Precision Nutrition Coach) that will help you keep the motivation you will need to make this program a success. – Access to our private Challenge Facebook group – Copy of my book Younger Longer
The New Year’s Resolution Re-boot 6-Week Challenge is only $279+GST for non-members. That’s a great, discounted price!
Normally, if you were to train with us 3-times a week for 6 weeks, training alone would cost you $319, but you’re getting the training PLUS the education and the accountability! Not to mention the opportunity to win some great prizes!
AND…if you sign up with a friend, we’ll give each of you an additional $20 discount, so your cost drops to $259+GST (The friend must be new to ProActive Fitness. )
How much is it worth to you to stay strong so you can play with your grandkids, enjoy a round of golf or tennis, volunteer for your favourite charity, travel, explore, and do all the things on your bucket list?
Probably more than $7.00 a day for 42 days – right? Then what are you waiting for?
Just email email@example.com to sign up for the 6-week challenge OR call the studio at (306) 374-3013 to reserve your spot.
Healthy Recipe, Alaska Salmon Cakes with Spicy Turmeric Garlic
Spicy Turmeric Garlic:
- Grapeseed or avocado oil, for shallow frying
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños or Serrano chiles, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pour oil to about 1/2-inch high in a heavy-bottom pan and place over medium-high heat. When oil is very hot but not smoking, add garlic and jalapeño; turn once or twice until golden and crisp (if it burns, start over). Add turmeric and stir. Using a slotted spoon or spider, remove garlic and jalapeño into a small bowl; set aside. Strain remaining oil through a sieve, discarding any solids; use strained oil for roasting vegetables and frying salmon cakes.
- 1 heaping cup diced parsnip (about 1 medium)
- 1 heaping cup diced golden beet or carrot (about 1 medium)
- Oil from making Spicy Turmeric Garlic
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño or serrano (about 1 to 2)
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 (6-ounce cans) wild Sockeye Salmon (remove and discard any bones or skin)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups plain yogurt
Grate cucumber and mix into yogurt.
Serve with: fresh cabbage leaves; Maldon flake salt; Spicy Turmeric Garlic, Cucumber Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread parsnip and beet evenly on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with some of the strained oil from making the Spicy Garlic Turmeric.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove vegetables to a cutting board; give them another chop; add to a mixing bowl.
- Add celery, jalapeño, and green onion.
- Stir in salmon; season lightly with salt and pepper; taste and add more salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in egg to just combine.
- Pour a light coating of oil from Spicy Turmeric Garlic into a large skillet over medium-high heat; if needed, add a bit more grapeseed or avocado oil.
- Form salmon mixture into 8 round cakes/patties. When skillet is hot (cakes will sizzle when pan is hot enough) add salmon cakes. Cook about 2 minutes until golden brown on one side.
- Gently turn and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Maldon flake salt.
- Serve warm in cabbage leaves, topped with Spicy Turmeric Garlic and Cucumber Yogurt.
Serves 4. Nutrients per serving: 365 calories, 16g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 15% calories from fat, 145mg cholesterol, 33g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fibre, 629mg sodium, 316mg calcium, and 122mg omega-3 fatty acids.
From Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Whenever you’re ready, you can book your FREE private consultation with me:
Come in for a Custom Fitness Consultation
If you’d like to discuss meeting for a Consultation, use THIS LINK to book your preferred day and time.
We’ll sit down together and discuss your health history, your goals, and simple steps you can take to achieve them.
We’ll see if there is a way to work together to give you the coaching and support you need to get the results you want.