Saskatoon’s Only Fitness Facility Dedicated to the Mature Client
Book a Free Consultation
If you’re unsure whether you’re ready to commit to a lifestyle change, please come in for a free fitness consultation or trial session.
What to Expect
Please read our fitness FAQ for all questions related to training, fitness gear and aches. You can also call, email or drop by in our studio in case you have questions
Here at ProActive Fitness, we believe that:
- Aging is mandatory, but growing old is optional.
- Exercise should support the activities that you are passionate about.
- Improving functional fitness is critical to living a long, healthy, enjoyable life.
- Traditional resistance training does not maximize function.
- It is NEVER too late to begin a fitness program and reap its benefits.
- If you move better, you will feel better. If you feel better, you will move more. If you move more, you will look better.
- Fitness is one of the best investments in time, money and effort that a mature adult can make and it will yield huge benefits!
ProActive Fitness is proud to be independently owned and operated. We are not a franchise, nor part of a corporate chain. We are a traditional small business enriching the community of which we are a part.
At ProActive Fitness, we provide:
- A clean, comfortable, non-intimidating environment .
- Certified personal trainers/exercise physiologists who are also Functional Aging Specialists
- Friendly trainers and staff.
- 35 minute in-studio small group training sessions capped at 7 people
- 35 minute Zoom small group training sessions capped at 10 people
- 45 minute private group and personal training sessions
- Individual attention for all clients to ensure safety and maximum results.
“Training with Shelley at ProActive Fitness has been fabulous. Since I started working out with her, she’s motivated me every step of the way as I’ve lost weight while increasing my strength and energy. I’ve even been able to go off my blood pressure medication and my doctor is thrilled. Shelley is a godsend!”
— Trish Cheveldayoff
What to Expect (FAQ)
What can I expect with consistent ProActive workouts?
- Increased energy and stamina
- Improved balance
- Elevated mood and outlook
- Better sleep patterns
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Better “do-ability” of every day tasks
How big is the studio?
Our main studio is 2362 sq. ft and includes two workout rooms, as well as ladies’ and men’s locker rooms that each have a shower. We also have additional space across the hall that includes another 420 sq. ft. of training space.
Is this just for the ladies?
No. Though most of our members are women, our sessions are co-ed. Men are welcome!
What do I wear?
Athletic or comfortable clothing that allows complete freedom of movement and allows you to stay cool. Women will want a good support or athletic bra. For footwear, invest in a good pair of great-fitting athletic shoes or if your feet are healthy and it is comfortable for you, we encourage you to try barefoot training for general small group training.
Do I need to bring anything else?
Have a water bottle handy to sip on during and after your workout to replace the liquids you’ll lose due to perspiration. We have cups on hand, should you forget, and a filtered water cooler for refills. Keeping yourself well hydrated also helps reduce muscle aches.
We provide sweat towels, if you need to wipe your brow during your workout! We provide shower products, towels, hair products/tools and some toiletries, should you wish to shower and freshen up before you leave.
Do I have to be “in shape” before I start training?
Absolutely not! Our programs are designed for your current fitness level. We will meet you where you’re at! For safety reasons, we encourage almost everyone to start with a Beginner session, but you may feel the first time feels too easy. Even then, you may still be sore from doing movements your body is unaccustomed to making.
If you are an experienced exerciser that has been training consistently for the past six months, please talk to us before booking your first session.
What if exercise hurts my knees, shoulders, or _______?
While a bit of muscular discomfort or soreness is normal and okay to work through, we always, ALWAYS want to know if you are feeling it in your joints. Our workout sessions allow for a large degree of customization based on your particular needs, conditions and abilities.
I’m not feeling 100%. Can I still work out?
You should perform workouts only when you are well-fueled, hydrated and well-rested. If you are a bit sore from previous exertion, a workout will probably help “loosen” tight muscles. You need to be aware and always alerting us to any possible health concerns, signs or symptoms.
If you experience any of the following signs or symptoms during your workout, then STOP and seek medical attention:
- Unusual shortness of breath
- Chest pain or tightness
- Pain in neck or jaw or radiating down the left arm
What do I eat before my session?
Whatever time of day you choose to train, it’s wise to know your body. We suggest most people eat a pre-workout snack or meal 1-2 hours beforehand. Some people do fine on an empty stomach, so be sure to know what works best for you. We DON’T want you to have a blood sugar crash because you skipped breakfast or lunch.
What do I eat after my session?
After you train, your body will need to replenish and restore itself so be sure to eat a healthy snack, ideally with some protein, within one hour of completing your workout.
#5-3602 Taylor Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7H 5H9
#5-3602 Taylor Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7H 5H9
There is access to the studio without stairs at the Taylor Street entrance!
Hours of Operation
Training by appointment only
Group training available:
Monday: 6:30am –2:00pm | 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Tuesday: 7:30am – 2:00pm | 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Wednesday: 6:30am – 1:00 pm | 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Thursday: 6:30am – 2:00pm | 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Friday: 6:30am – 1:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 11am
Note: hours subject to change without notice.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to email, call or drop into the studio 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. weekdays, or between 8:00 a.m. –and 12:30 p.m. Saturdays.